Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to a few commonly asked questions for your information.
Safety Tips for a leaking water heater
If the leak is major:
1. Shut off fuel supply
2. Shut off cold water supply to the water heater
3. Open all hot water faucets in your home
4. Attach hose to drain valve at the bottom of water heater and drain unit of all water
5. Call Jolly Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
How long are water heaters supposed to last?
The lifespan of any water heater is influenced by how much it's maintained in accordance with the included instructions. If the water heater is properly installed and maintained, it can last an average of 8 - 14 years before it needs to be replaced.
Is it a major problem if toilets run?
Running toilets may not always cause a lot of damage, but they waste water.
If the toilet is running:
1. Shut off water supply to toilet, usually at the base of the toilet.